Friday, June 11, 2010

Last day in Paris

rue les Petites Ecuries, Paris, June 10, 2010—
WE TOOK CARE of another piece of unfinished business today, stopping in at a favorite place for lunch. I think we first found L'Ecurie in 1977; I know if you Google "Ecurie Whiting Shere" you'll find the history. (I write this at O'Hare, waiting for an airplane; I don't want to take time to look online for URLs at the moment.)

When I get home, and get time, I'll write a little story about this place. In the meantime, I checked it out online to see what others were saying: for the most part, confirming my own opinions. (It was interesting, by the way, to note the differences between prevailing standards of user reviews on French websites compared with American ones, but that's another story.)

When we stopped in, on a gloomy midday at about 1 pm, we were the only ones there except for a lone guy at a nearby table. (They're all nearby, of course.) He was making his first return in 30 years, and said he saw no changes.

I had the lettuce-walnut salad with mustard dressing, then the skirt steak -- bavette cooked saignant, of course; and crème caramel for dessert. It was delicious.  

Red wine in carafe in carafe
  • L'Ecurie, 2, rue Laplace, tel: +33 (0)1 46.33.68.49
  • No comments: